John Delta is an Operating Partner in CXO Partners’ Finance Practice. He is an experienced operating and financial executive and entrepreneur with deep experience in enterprise software, SaaS and consumer-facing businesses. He specializes in financial transactions, from financings to M&A to post-merger integration. He also has substantial international experience.
John has broad consulting, operations and finance experience, including:
- Associate at McKinsey & Co. and Manager at Deloitte & Touche focused on Financial Services.
- Vice President, The Nasdaq Stock Market – John developed the business plan for, and then ran, the E-commerce group.
- EVP, COO, Hemscott – The firm was a PE-backed roll-up in the financial information space. John led post-merger integration and operations for this global firm (US, UK and India). He was instrumental in developing the highly successful exit strategy of splitting the firm in 2 and selling the retail component to Morningstar and the institutional piece to PE firm KKR.
- CFO, DoublePositive Marketing Group – the firm was a VC-backed leading edge SaaS offering in the lead gen space. John joined when the firm had $1M in revenue and led several financings while building the Finance and Admin functions from scratch. The firm had a successful exit to a strategic.
- CFO, Edison Worldwide – John restructured operations, sold off assets and closed poorly performing units for this large direct response marketing firm.
- Founder/CFO, JJAB Holdings – Ran Finance and Operations for this PE-backed startup in the direct response marketing space. The firm was sold to a strategic acquirer in 1 year.
- COO, Management CV – Led all research and operations functions for this institutional research provider. Scaled the business in a capital efficient way with just 1 Angel round.
John holds a BA and an MBA from the University of Virginia.